Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pre-School

Yesterday was Cameron's first official day of pre-school!!!

He has been talking about the move from preppers to pre-school for some time now.  His teachers told him that as soon as he was potty trained he could go to pre-school.  And I am happy to report he is officially potty trained!!  Woo hoo Cameron!!!

They said he did great yesterday.  He was a little shy at first, as he always is.  But he seemed to warm up a little towards the end of the day.

This morning was a whole different ball game.

Before we left the house, he said he didn't want to go to pre-school.  He wanted to go to preppers.  So when we got to school this morning, we went into his new classroom.  The poor little guy clung to my leg and didn't want me to leave.  After about 10 minutes of staying and trying to show him different cool things about his new class and friends, I had to leave.

He cried.

It absolutely breaks my heart when he does that.  I wave to him through the window (like I do everyday) and he leans for the window and cries "Mommy!".  :(

I am hoping the adjustment to his new "big boy" classroom doesn't take too long.  Its hard enough realizing my little boy is already in pre-school.  Let alone having him cry everyday.

So the good news is he is potty trained and moving along in school just as he should be.  

The bad news... he's growing too fast for me...



No comments:

Post a Comment