Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mama Time

For the last couple months, especially since Chad left and I am trying to keep myself productively occupied, I have been wanting to work out.  Its not that I feel I am overweight or anything like that.  I am just not happy with how my body looks.  And I know working out can give you more energy throughout the day.  And lately I could really use the push of a little motivation.  But I run into the problem that I feel like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything and everyone taken care of.  And have some mama time on top of it.

Yesterday, after my not so pleasant conversation with Chad, I decided I was finally going to do it.  Make time for myself.

After I got Cameron from my mom's last night.  We ran to the store for a few things we needed and went home.  I got him all settled and tucked into bed at about 8:30.

Then I brewed my first pitcher of iced tea with the new iced tea maker my mom got me for my birthday.

I put some chicken in the over for dinner for the following night.

And I put in one of my dusty Pilates DVD's that have just been sucking up space on my DVD rack.

It was about a 50 minute workout.  And I loved every minute of it.

It of course showed me how out of shape I am because of my lack of any physical activity in my life right now.  And some how that my left side is noticeably weaker than my right side (wtf?!).

I am happy to report that today my abs are killing me.  And my thighs are a little sore.  Oh yea and my arms are as well.

Like I said.. Out. Of. Shape.

But I am so happy that I showed myself that I CAN make the time to do something for myself.  And I still got everything done last night that I needed to.

Plus, after my tough workout, I enjoyed a nice hot cup of bedtime tea and an hour and a half conversation with my love away from home.

Looking forward to making this a daily routine.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment