Monday, October 10, 2011

The Kid The Cat The Dog The - Kitty Litter?

Last night at about 11:30, our little man woke up upset.  When I went in to check on him I noticed he had a really stuffy nose.  Which he did not have before he went to bed.  : (

He woke up again 3 times and Chad went in and calmed him down, tried to blow his nose, at Cam's request, and got him all settled back in bed.  

4:00 came and it was my turn.  I did the same.  

Then when Cam came in at 5:30, Chad asked Cam if he wanted him to come lay in his bed with him.  In his sad little munchkin voice he said "yes pwease".  

Chad asked him to hang on one second so he could go to the bathroom and then he would go in with him.  I laid back down with Cam with me, trying to calm him down still.  

This is when all hell broke loose....

I hear our little rebel of a cat in Cameron's room, using his totes as a scratch post (I have had to replace those damn things twice now because the cat keeps ruining them).  So I jump out of bed to go grab the cat and shut him in the bathroom.  I have the cat in one hand (flailing about), opening the bathroom door with the other, and find Remmy (one of our dogs) in the bathroom having a little early morning snack from the kitty box.  Throwing the cat in the bathroom, grabbing the dog out of the box, shutting the door, keeping Cam calm all the while our pipes in one of our walls is sounds like it is going to burst. (This is a whole other story - those dang things will vibrate ridiculously loud in our walls in 10 second intervals for days on end.  And randomly stop and start in between.  One of the many things I love about our condo - insert sarcasm here.) 

Chad comes out of our bathroom, looks at me, and we both just had this look of "what the hell is happening in our house at 5:30 in the morning?!?".  

Its amazing the things that can happen in a matter of seconds.  

Needless to say, we were running a little behind schedule this morning.  And I had a LARGE cup of coffee when I arrived at work today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment